sábado, 3 de septiembre de 2011

GO PANTHERS! GO BLUE HOSE! GO DEACS!


I should have guessed that my last three and a half months would be the most difficult for me. Not because I am running out of energy or patience in the classroom. Not because I am sick of eating rice and beans. Not because I am tired of speaking in Spanish or living in a different culture. In fact, I don’t seem to be running out of energy or patience in the classroom. I can still stomach eating rice and beans. I am not tired of speaking Spanish or living in a different culture. So then why? Why are these months going to be the most difficult?

It is football season.

This is the first football season I’ve missed in my 22 years of life. I am not positive, but I am sure I was watching Wake Forest Football with my dad at a month old. And I haven’t stopped watching football since. College football, pro football, I love it all! I have been going to Carolina Panther’s games since their first season in 1995. I’m not just a fair weather fan. Hell, I cheered on my Panthers every game last season even though we only managed to win 2 and came out the worst team in the NFL. I was at most of the home games and watched every away game. My roommates would have to tell any visitors that came to our house, between 1 and 4 on a Sunday afternoon, to please excuse the screaming that came from my room. Sometimes I get a little too excited or a little too angry off while watching games (mostly angry last year). I am always cheering on my PC Blue Hose, even though we’ve struggled with the move to division one. It doesn’t matter. I love my teams. I love them when they are winning and I love them when they are losing.

So imagine how difficult this must be for me… Missing the majority of the 2011 football season. Unfortunately, FOX is not one of the 3 channels we get here in Pacayitas. I’ve found some good websites to stream the games, but my internet is not strong enough to handle them. So I am forced to not watch, but instead read the games on ESPN play by play. I’ve followed every preseason Panther’s game, as painful as most of them were. I was up late on Thursday yelling at my computer as the Deamon Deacons lost their big lead over Syracuse and ended up losing in overtime. And at 11:30 today I will be following my Presbyterian College Blue Hose as they take on the Wofford Terriers in their opening game. Thank God for the Internet.

Wish me luck as I try to survive these next three and a half months…

And now there is only one thing left to say:

On, on PC
to victory!
Garnet and blue,
we're here for you
in everything you do!
Presbyterian!
Spirits are high.
Never say die.
For if we win
or if we lose
We will love you, PC blue!
Go Hose! Go Bluuuuuuue Hose!

 Me and my good friend, Billy, at a PC pep rally last year

 Bryan and I at Wake Forest bowl game in 2007 at Panthers stadium.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario